Are you and your partner are first time parents? Definitely you would want to offer the best baby gear. Here’s a list of baby items that you should purchase for your baby and tips on what to consider in buying it.
1) Socks and shoes – These items must be comfortable for the baby. It should fit right and stay on as well. Soft cotton is the best bet in choosing socks. Shoes at the early stages are not essential. However, if you would want to buy shoes for your baby, make sure that you can easily put and remove it. The shoes must not too tight as well to allow the tiny feet of the baby to breathe.
2) Crib – Choose a crib that can be converted into playpen and can function as a rocking crib. Go for multi purpose cribs and those that can be used until the baby turns three. This is to reduce the baby furniture that you would need to buy. In choosing a crib for your baby, you have to double check how it was made and what materials have been used. This is for the safety of your baby, because most of the time a new born baby stays in his crib. The crib must be made from non-toxic glues, low or zero VOC paints and stains made without hazardous air pollutants (HAPs.)
3) Crib mattresses and sheets – Choose those that will add comfort to the baby while he is in his crib. Go for cozy quilts and soft sheets. You can match the theme of the mattresses in your baby’s room.
4) Blankets and baby clothing – This should not be left out in your list. Choose cotton fabric when buying any items that touches the skin of the baby. Choose sizes that are bigger than the size of your baby because babies grow faster. For instance, a baby dress can only be worn for at least first two months of the babies’ life.
5) Hanging toys or mobile – This is a must items for the baby. You would need items that can distract or pacify your baby when crying. You can choose from a battery operated or electric mobile. Go for the colorful ones.
6) Rocker or glider – You need this gear to help your baby to have a good night sleep or even morning and afternoon naps. It provides the magical back and forth motion to pacify the little baby from crying. Make sure that when you buy this gear, it will fit the area where it will be placed. You do not want to clutter the nursery room.
7) Changing diaper set – This include diapers, diaper mat, and wipes. You can choose a cloth diaper or disposable diaper for your baby. For disposable diapers, choose that are made from cotton and wood pulp liners, biodegradable covers and those that don’t use artificial chemical absorbents.